It’s pizza time again. Oh so yummy delicious pizza! It seems our children can not get enough of things pizza, and pasta. Homemade pizza is definitely something we all have been missing since coming to Ireland. The photo above is a picture of a pizza I made while still in Canada. Hopeful I can make some of this and other homemade goodies soon.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons quick-rise yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- Step 1 In a large bowl add yeast in warm water. You don’t need to let it sit f you are using quick raise yeast.
- Step 2 In the same bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and mix until well to combine and dough is formed.
- Step 3 Cover and rise until doubled in volume for 30 minutes.
- Step 4 while the dough is raising preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 5 Turn dough out onto a well floured surface or parchment paper. Roll out into a pizza crust shape. Cover with sauce and your toppings. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. You do not need to pre bake the crust.