Our second round of radish for this year we’re ready to be harvested and I couldn’t wait a second longer. Well actually I did, I left them in the soil a little longer because they were on the smaller side. Those extra weeks were hard but finally they popped up ready to eat. This crop did better than the last with the warmer days the leaves were nice and big. Those beautiful green leaves smelled so good while I cut them off of the radishes and I couldn’t wait to do something with them. Some of the family wanted me to boil them but some of the family wanted pasta. So I whipped out my wooden recipe box and got to work. The result was an amazing radish greens pesto that pairs perfectly with pasta. Here is what you will need.
- 4 cups radish leaves washed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 Teaspoon onion powder
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus more as needed
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth adding more olive oil slowly as needed.
- If more garlic is need add garlic power to taste, and salt to taste.
I dressed the pasta with radish pesto and finished it off with parmesan cheese shreds and a drizzle of olive oil. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Thank you for reading.